Thursday 5 March 2015

All stoves are not made equal

For a while now I've been struggling to get the stove in the salon running well. I've tried messing about with the grate and the Air flow and even rung the manufacturers, but I just couldn't seem to get it right. So eventually I've thrown in the towel and bought a replacement.


Enter the Invicta Mandor 12kw wood burning stove. So far I'm very impressed! It lights easily, and draws well. The stove is big enough to fit 60 cm logs which means that Julia doesn't have to cut the logs we have delivered. And it get real hot quickly. Perfect.

The best thing was that I set out to Bricomarche at three o'clock last Saturday to buy the stove. We chose to stove, picked it up with the trailer, transported it home, dismantled the old stove, fitted the new one and had it fired up all by 7pm. Mostly these jobs take a least twice as long as I think but for once the install went like a dream.....double perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment