Saturday 30 January 2010

More Floor

Well its progressing slowly. The other carrier beam is in on the other side of the fireplace and I have to now fill in with solives in front. All the same sort of stuff but seeing as it was a nice sunny day I took some more pictures.


This one gives you some idea of the work involved.


When its finished this will be the children's bedroom. Although they are already enjoying climbing on the temporary floor (closely supervised).

Frankie making her quality control inspection!

As a bit of a diversion, I been making a new jewellery bench for Julia. It's not finished yet but here are the legs in the process of being morticed in for the stretchers. These were hewn out of a 250 x 250 beam I had spare with the chain saw, so a fair bit of work involved just getting 4 square ish usable bits of timber. The bench should be completed tomorrow so I'll post a proper picture then.

P.S. The marking gauge I made during my first year of woodwork (would the be 1st year or 3rd?) at Leek High with Mr Procter and Bobby Beech. It's made from beech wood with a brass face and screw all turned by hand and finished off during my lunch hour. Been one of the most useful things I ever made!

P.P.S Hi to Barbara and Owen in Bristol, hope you have a long attention span Its likely to take a little while!

Bon courage!

2 comments:

  1. You'll be just about ready to slap on a bit of chipboard soon.

    Very much enjoying watching you work :-)

    Simon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arrh!! You mentioned the "C" word!

    ReplyDelete